Sunday, April 8, 2012

A bit of fun

What a week! It is amazing how fast time goes when you are not laying in a hospital bed, or any bed for that matter.

I got myself to go to school. My teachers have been more than understanding, and willing to work with me. It's been hard to find motivation, however, as I feel like I've lost all my steam. Then I think about dragging it out, and that sounds terrible! I have two test to make up, 8-9 assignments, and then finals. So to not stress out I am trying to handle my life DAY to DAY.

I met with a tutor for my Stat 121 class, and he was encouraging. About a half hour into reviewing exam material he says to me "I am surprised how much you know! Most people I help at this point are so lost." So tomorrow I plan to take the exam!

I went back to work this week as well. Thursday-Sat. My body aches. But it was good to see my clients. I was swamped, and that felt good. I only almost cried twice. When two of my older ladies gave condolences. They are so sweet.

For fun this weekend, I got to go on a couple dates with Perry.



He took me to see Hunger Games. I was pleased with the movie. Lots of cool cinematography! But mostly it was great to cuddle on the comfy iMax seats :) Go memory foam.



I took Vinny on a couple long walks. It was nice to get a little exercise, especially out in the sun. Since losing at least 20 pounds of water, I don't recognize my little legs. I think I experienced some atrophy too.
I have taken some before pictures, pre-running.



No muscle :s


At least the swelling is almost gone! Still a little tenderness around the ankles and top of foot.

And my most FAVORITE thing I did this week. Woke up the Scooter!!



We went on a ride with the club I am part of. Brigham Bees Scooter Club.


Perry wearing hipster glasses



At the top of Squaw Peak. Thank you Perry for joining me on the ride :)

Wish me luck to survive this next week. School school school and




SCHOOL!!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with school Mindy! Sounds like you are on the way to catching up. Love the puppy picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will do great with all the school stuff! Glad you are getting out and having fun.

    ReplyDelete